Gas Powered Games (GPG) Corp.
CD-ROM for Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 operating systems
"Dungeon Siege" combines the immersive elements of a role-playing game with over-the-top intensity and non-stop action. "Dungeon Siege" plunges you into a continuous 3-D fantasy world where you face off against an army of evil that has been unleashed. You begin as a humble farmer, and as you travel through the world and gain new skills, you can gather a party of up to eight characters to aid you.
· Intense combat, "Dungeon Siege" style - "Dungeon Siege" pushes the envelope of role-playing games with fully animated 3-D characters, over-the-top battles, intense special effects and awe-inspiring vertical landscapes. With true 3-D environments, an advanced particle system for spells and dungeons that can extend in three dimensions, "Dungeon Siege" keeps the player focused on the action by providing tools that simplify party combat and management with a broad array of familiar game controls such as drag select, way points and formations.
· Adventure on a new scale - Players can customize their party to include up to eight characters. There are no rules or restrictions, and the player can have any combination of fighters, archers and magic users. Characters join your party as they journey throughout the world - some are hired, others are rescued, and some are brought back from beyond the grave. Lead your party into epic battles against a range of enemies - from marauding hordes to monsters of a scale never before seen in a fantasy role-playing game.
· Breaking the rules in the name of "action" - "Dungeon Siege" is engaging yet easy to understand, action-packed yet easy to control, deep and involving yet quick to learn. The skill-based character system plunges you almost immediately into the action, where your skills develop real-time. If treasure is more your focus, grab a pack mule or two. Never again worry about passing on that armor you found because you didn't have enough space.
· Full multiplayer support - "Dungeon Siege" will support up to eight players via a local area network (LAN) or through the built-in matchmaking server available inside the game.
· Immersive, continuous, fully 3-D environment - The setting of "Dungeon Siege" is one gigantic, continuous world where you can seamlessly journey from the highest mountain to the deepest dungeon without ever having to see a loading screen. Discovering fantastic locations to explore - strange and mysterious dungeons, enormous castles and secret underground lairs - you become immersed in the fantasy of the surrounding world.
· More than just a game - also a gaming platform - The proprietary Siege Editor in "Dungeon Siege" gives you the freedom to rework nearly every aspect of the game, making "Dungeon Siege" not only a game, but also a role-playing platform for those who want to create their own characters, spells, dungeons - even entire worlds. You can post these user-created files to the Web, making them available for anyone to download and explore, or play as a multiplayer game.
Gas Powered Games was founded in May 1998 by Chris Taylor, creator of the award-winning "Total Annihilation." Located in Kirkland, Wash., GPG is staffed by top talent and is devoted to creating immersive, cutting-edge games that push the boundaries of technology and gameplay. GPG is located on the Internet at http://www.gaspoweredgames.com/
The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a prerelease software product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the software product when first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.
Microsoft, Windows and MSN are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
Dungeon Siege is a trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.